Lining fabric is an important part to completing your curtains.
It is the lining that will protect the curtains fabric, insulate your windows by blocking the UV rays and reduciing heat loss, protecting from cold and hot climates, helping to reduce energy bills. The level of protection will depend on the lining you select.
Energy Saving Benefits of Curtain Lining
- Uncovered windows allow the transfer of both warm and cool air between the inside and outside of your home.
- Glass accounts for a significant percentage of heat loss in Winter and gain in Summer.
- Drapes or Blinds create a barrier between the room and window.
- Either cool or warm air is trapped between the curtain and glass.
- Curtains, Blinds and Pelmets help insulate a room from heat, cold and noise.
- Reduce energy consumption, saving money.
- Pelmets with a headboard help stop the loss of heated or air-conditioned air from the inside and prevent the hot or cold air from outside entering your home, increasing your energy costs.